- Tigard-Tualatin School District Art Rutkin Elementary School
- Tigard-Tualatin School District Tualatin High School Renovation and Addition
- Loyola Marymount University Freshmen & Upper Division Student Housing
- Tigard-Tualatin School District Tigard High School Modernization
- University of Oregon Erb Memorial Union (EMU)
- Santa Monica - Malibu Unified School District Malibu High School Restart
- University of Washington, Tacoma Paper & Stationery Building
- Mirabella at Arizona State University
- University of Oregon Unthank Hall
- University of Washington, Seattle School of Medicine 3.2
- San Diego State University Huāxyacac Hall
- San Diego State University Engineering & Interdisciplinary Sciences Building
- CSU Long Beach Clean Energy Master Plan
- Santa Barbara City College West Campus Center
- Chapman University Keck Center for Science and Engineering
- California State University Northridge Student Housing Phase 2
- California State University Stanislaus Student Union
- University of Oregon Jane Sanders Softball Stadium
- Harvey Mudd College Drinkward Hall Student Housing
- University of Texas Football Players Facility
- University of Washington Bothell - Discovery Hall
- Matthew Knight Arena - University of Oregon
- UCLA Hitch Suites and Commons Buildings
- Mission College Student Engagement Center
- University of Washington, Tacoma - Russell T. Joy Building
- Creekside Community High School
- Pacific Northwest College of Art
- University of Oregon - Straub Hall
- California State University Northridge Sustainability Center
- University of Washington, Denny Hall
University of Oregon Erb Memorial Union (EMU)
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Understanding the flow and dynamics of a campus, the paths of the student body, faculty and staff, and creating a space that attracts all is integral in designing a student union. The renovation and expansion of the existing Erb Memorial Union (EMU) took in account all of the above plus the fact that the existing building is in an optimal centrally located space.
University of Oregon’s focus on sustainability is evident in this LEED Platinum, 214,000-square-foot central hub. With multipurpose rooms, and numerous meeting rooms and space types including student lounges, a ballroom, auditorium, women’s center, childcare center, sports and activities rooms, stores, restaurants, a kitchen, dining room, and multicultural and LGBTQIA+ centers, this space truly embodies the variety and diversity of its community.
As the lead MEP design engineer Glumac provided Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineering for this complex renovation and addition.
Sustainable systems in the new addition included: radiant slabs, natural ventilation, active beams, passive beams, dedicated outside air, displacement ventilation, and a photo-voltaic array.
In the existing renovation, old constant volume air handlers were retrofitted to high-performance VAV systems or new VRF systems were designed in.
This successful renovation achieved its goal of attracting students, being a central resource space, and overshoot the original LEED Silver sustainability goal with a LEED Platinum certification.
- LEED Platinum certified
Size: 214,000 square feet
Completion Date: 2017
Architect: SERA Architects
Owner: University of Oregon
Services: Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing