- SAIF Headquarters Renovation & Addition
- Meyer Memorial Trust
- Oregon State Treasury
- One Beverly Hills
- Clifford L. Allenby Building
- Allen Institute for Brain Science
- CenturyLink Field Tune Up
- Credit Human Building
- SoFi Stadium
- DGS Natural Resources HQ, P Street
- 400 Westlake
- Wilshire Grand Tower
- Hassalo on Eighth
- Arch | Nexus SAC
- Daimler Nova North America Headquarters
- University of Washington Bothell - Discovery Hall
- Sokol Blosser Winery Tasting Room
- Oregon Military Department Camp Withycombe
- Amazon HQ - Vulcan Blocks 44, 45, 52e
- Kaiser Permanente Antelope Valley MOB
- Oregon Military Department - Fort Dalles Readiness Center
- Creekside Community High School
- Indigo | Twelve West
- Vestas Americas HQ
- California State University Northridge Sustainability Center
- Los Gatos Library
Seattle, Washington, United States
The developers of this old-meets-new project are working to make it the greenest of its size in the world, targeting the Seattle Living Building Pilot Program’s petal certification. Its operating total building energy consumption will be 25% below the baseline 2012 Seattle Energy Code site energy use targets. The 15-story office tower will sit over the existing Firestone Auto Supply and Service, a historic landmark in the booming South Lake Union neighborhood. The updated building will include 176,000 square feet of office space; 8,000 square feet of ground-floor retail; and two levels of below-grade parking totaling 35,000 square feet. The project will also feature a 4,500-square-foot roof terrace.
Glumac is providing energy modeling to support the project’s Living Building Pilot Program pursuit and is assisting the team with the following:
- Providing feedback on mechanical system types suitable for the project’s aggressive sustainability goals. Systems include chilled beams, modular air source heat pump chillers, and an over-sized dedicated outside air system (DOAS) with heat recovery and demand-control ventilation.
- Detailed energy modeling to forecast energy use, in order to inform the project team of the trade-offs between core-and-shell system performance and future tenant obligations.
- Providing guidance for steep water reduction goals with the aim to utilize no potable water for non-potable uses. Strategies investigated include low-flow fixtures; greywater reuse; rainwater capture and reuse; and possible blackwater treatment and reuse.
- Energy modeling and feedback on an LED lighting package to achieve stringent lighting power density targets, plug load controls, and on- and off-site renewable energy systems.
Size: 265,000 square feet
Start/End Date: December 2016 / 2020
Contractor: Lease Crutcher Lewis
Owner: Martin Selig Real Estate
Services: Energy Modeling