- Refugee Women’s Alliance
- Central City Concern Eastside Health and Recovery Center
- War Memorial Veterans Building
- Goodwill Job Training and Education Center
- Pico Branch Library
- Oregon Convention Center
- Newport Beach Civic Center
- AltaSea at the Port of Los Angeles
- Ashland Youth Center
- Gerding Theatre at the Armory
- Experience Music Project Launch Pad
- Los Angeles Community College District’s Pierce College Library/Learning Crossroads
- Los Gatos Library
Newport Beach Civic Center
Newport Beach, California
The City of Newport Beach sought to develop an unsightly 20-acre man-made wetland into a thriving civic center and park that was in sync with the beauty and ecology of its surrounding seaside environment.
Glumac worked with the owner, builder and design team, providing LEED Fundamental and Enhanced Commissioning Services. The Newport Beach Civic Center succeeded in achieving LEED Gold Certification and the 2015 AIA Institute Honor Award.
Designed to LEED Gold standards, the new Newport Beach Civic Center & Park consists of a 100,000 sf City Hall, 450-car parking garage and 17,000 sf addition to the existing library, set within a new 17-acre park. The project also includes an 88,000 sf two-story city office space including a Permit/Customer Service Center and Council Chambers, Community Room, and Training/Command Center, a library including a media center, children’s area and study areas.
Sustainable Building Features
- Mechanical system consists of a 150-ton chiller plant, cooling towers, two heating hot water boilers, variable refrigerant systems, central station air handlers, DX fan coil units and exhaust fans.
- Radiant Floor Heating System, mechanical cooling and natural ventilation in the Community Room.
- Over 200 automatic Clerestory windows provide natural ventilation.
- Energy Dashboard system monitors and tracks the overall energy use of the building.
- Automatic Lighting and Shading Controls throughout the office building.
- Building commissioning to verify an airtight plenum for over 75,000 square feet of Under Floor Air Distribution.
Size: 95,000 sf
Project Cost: $131.4 million
Completion Date: 2013
Architect: Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
Contractor: C.W. Driver
Owner: City of Newport Beach, Department of Public Works
Awards: LEED Gold Certified; 2015 AIA Institute Honor Award