- Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences Museum of Motion Pictures
- SR 520 Montlake
- Meyer Memorial Trust
- Delta Sky Way LAX Terminal 2 & 3 Modernization
- Sound Transit O&M Facility East
- I-64 Corridor Hampton Road Bridge Tunnel Expansion
- Resorts World Las Vegas
- Seattle Asian Art Museum
- Refugee Women’s Alliance
- University of California San Francisco Hematology, Blood, and Marrow Transplant Clinic
- University of California Davis Aggie Square
- Boulder Creek South MOB and Outpatient Surgery
- Kaiser Permanente La Habra Medical Office Building
- Kaiser Permanente Murrieta Mapleton Medical Office Building
- Santa Barbara City College West Campus Center
- Chapman University Keck Center for Science and Engineering
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Banc of California Stadium
- Newport Beach Civic Center
- MGM CityCenter
- Edith Green-Wendell Wyatt Federal Building
- Matthew Knight Arena - University of Oregon
- Amazon HQ - Vulcan Blocks 44, 45, 52e
- Levi's Stadium
- Pacific Northwest College of Art
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
At the heart of the Las Vegas strip, the MGM CityCenter is a shopping, entertainment, and hospitality destination for tourists throughout the world. Seeking comfort and luxury for their guests and high-performing energy efficiency for their buildings, MGM Mirage targeted a minimum of LEED Silver within this enormous development, the largest construction in the US at the time.
This mega-project included 7 buildings with 5 different facility types. The 329,000 square-feet luxury retail mall, The Shops at Crystals, includes an unparalleled collection of unique luxury retailers and restaurateurs. The 54-story Vdara hotel, 47-story Mandarin Oriental and 38-story Veer Condominium Towers reach count 4.6 million sqft of mixed-use residential and parking space.
Glumac provided LEED and Enhanced Commissioning and Mechanical Quality Assurance services (MQAA) for the MGM CityCenter, helping five of the buildings reach beyond expectations to LEED Gold. Firm wide Glumac building commissioning agents also participated in peer review of the design development documents (DD) and construction documents (CD), as well as system functional performance testing demonstrating a great example of collaboration. Glumac also conducted multiple commissioning and coordination meetings in Las Vegas for the owner’s and contractor’s staff and provided both fundamental and enhanced commissioning services.
Sustainable Building Features
- Barrier leakage testing included computer operated blower door apparatus using ten positive pressurization levels and ten negative pressurization levels.
- Third party smoke control special inspection services to assure compliance of smoke control system and of carbon monoxide controlled underground ventilation system.
- Multiple design reviews, factory witness testing, MQAA and specification development through final acceptance and controls confirmation.
Size: 16 million sqft (total) with Glumac Cx responsible for 7 million sqft
Cost: $8.5 billion
Completion Date: 2009
Architect: Gensler Architects
Owner: MGM Mirage
Contractor: Perini Corporation
Owner’s representative: Tishman Construction Company