- University of California San Diego Hillcrest Medical Campus - Phase 1
- Boulder Creek South MOB and Outpatient Surgery
- University of California Davis Medical Group Midtown Clinic
- University of California Davis Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente La Habra Medical Office Building
- Kaiser Permanente Murrieta Mapleton Medical Office Building
- Kaiser Permanente Chino Grand Medical Office Building
- Meridian Center for Health
- Kaiser Permanente Market & Valentine Specialty Medical Office Building
- Providence Holy Cross
- Kaiser Permanente South Sacramento Medical Center Emergency Department Expansion
- Providence Medical Center North Pavilion
- Providence Newberg Medical Center
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Kaiser Santa Rosa
- Three Rivers Hospital Outpatient Pavilion
- Providence St. Vincent M Floor Renovation
- High Desert MACC
- Kaiser Permanente Antelope Valley MOB
Meridian Center for Health
Seattle, Washington, United States
The Meridian Center for Health has noble goals—respond to the community’s needs for health services, and never turn anyone away due to inability to pay. This translated into the project team’s challenge to put under one roof dental care, mental health services, HIV screening and maternity support, in a two-story, 45,000 sf new construction building.
Glumac provided MEP Engineering, along with LV and data communication raceways. Energy efficient building systems combine a variable refrigerant flow (VRF) system that achieves energy savings by heating and cooling in zones; dedicated outside air units with energy recovery; a heat pump system to generate domestic hot water; and a solar array, for which Glumac reviewed and coordinated the requirements.
The design was done in Revit, which allowed Glumac MEP engineering experts to integrate a more focused sustainable building design.
The largest challenge of the project was designing systems that contractors could install while the surrounding building remained open and accessible. This in itself is not unique, but the fact that the surrounding buildings were within 10 feet of construction was extremely challenging. To get around this, Glumac went onsite with the utilities and phased the design and construction, including all the power, water and waste water.
The Meridian Center for Health is projecting LEED Gold status.
Size: 45,000 sf
Construction Cost: $22.5 million
Start/End Date: September 2013 / November 2015
Contractor: Lease Crutcher Lewis
Owner: Neighborhood Health
Services: MEP Engineering