- University of California Davis Medical Center
- University of California Davis Medical Group Midtown Clinic
- Boulder Creek South MOB and Outpatient Surgery
- Kaiser Permanente La Habra Medical Office Building
- Kaiser Permanente Murrieta Mapleton Medical Office Building
- Kaiser Permanente Chino Grand Medical Office Building
- Meridian Center for Health
- Kaiser Permanente Market & Valentine Specialty Medical Office Building
- Providence Holy Cross
- Kaiser Permanente South Sacramento Medical Center Emergency Department Expansion
- Providence Medical Center North Pavilion
- Providence Newberg Medical Center
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Kaiser Santa Rosa
- Three Rivers Hospital Outpatient Pavilion
- Providence St. Vincent M Floor Renovation
- High Desert MACC
- Kaiser Permanente Antelope Valley MOB
Kaiser Permanente Market & Valentine Specialty Medical Office Building
Ventura, California, United States
The new Kaiser Permanente Market & Valentine Specialty Medical Office Building is expected to be the largest Kaiser Permanente office building in Ventura County. Membership has grown since the acquisition of a local medical group and the additional capacity at Market Street now meets the needs of the community.
In addition to an urgent care unit, the 56,400-square-foot MOB also houses obstetrics-gynecology; orthopedics; podiatry; plastic surgery; gastroenterology; hematology/oncology; general radiology; an infusion center; ophthalmology; optometry with optical dispensing; blood draw; and a pharmacy. It allows for a future 16,000-square-foot expansion in order to double the capacity of the provider offices and exam rooms.
High efficiency direct expansion rooftop air handlers were chosen by Glumac’s MEP engineering experts to minimize energy consumption of the building. The internal spaces are served by variable volume terminal units, which allow for energy savings, and constant volume terminal units that maintain patient and staff safety in critical areas of the facility. Internal heating is provided by heating hot water with high efficiency condensing style boilers. The facility utilizes a demand response sequence to lower the energy usage of the facility by turning off non-critical equipment when the local utility is stretched thin on capacity. The project is certified LEED Silver.
For its sustainable building design efforts, Kaiser Permanente Market & Valentine Specialty MOB was named 2018 Engineer News & Record California’s 2018 Healthcare Project of the Year.
Size: 56,400 square feet
Construction Cost: Confidential
Completion Date: 2018 est.
Owner: Kaiser Permanente Foundation Health Plan
Services: MEP Engineering; Daylight Modeling; Energy Analysis; Sustainability Consulting