Glumac provided mechanical and electrical engineering services for various data centers at Mentor Graphics in the last twenty years. Most Recent Projects include:
- A 19,000 sf brown field facility with two 3,000 sf computer room white spaces, with the remainder of the space serving electrical and mechanical rooms, small office area, conference room, break room toilets, storage, staging, test lab, MPOE and IDF
- Large, roof-mounted, indirect evaporative cooling airside economizing air handlers for both the data center and the main electrical UPS rooms
- Air-cooled chiller sized only for those few hours per year of high outside temperatures.
- One 2500 kVA utility transformer with space for one or two additional transformers.
- Two 1000kW N+1 UPS systems (A/B) with five minutes of UPS battery backup time and Alber battery monitoring
- UPS distribution used 415/240V auto-transformers with overhead busway distribution serving 30A/3-phase CDU’s at each rack.
- Computer equipment rack density is 10kW for serer racks and 6kW for network racks. 112 racks per phase.
- One 2MW, 480V diesel generator with space for two future or temporary generators
- Fieldview site monitoring system
- Shelled Phase 2 space is identical to Phase 1 noted above
- Raised floor environment with six 30-ton CRAC units. The ceiling plenum acted as the return air path
- Tier II • A/B receptacles on overhead cable tray
- VESDA, FA, EPO and site monitoring
- Hot and Cold Isle
- Econocoils were implelmented, taking advantage of the free cooling provided by the condenser water system
- Four 80-ton fluid coolers installed
- Three 400KVA UPS module system (N+1 redundant) to serve eight 225A, remote power panels (RPP), each with an “A” and a “B” panel board
- Added a new Forseer site monitoring system
- Fitting out of an existing office space into a medium density collocation lab to serve 500kW worth of critical load
- Lab contains 85 6kW server racks
- Critical cooling is accomplished by five dedicated chilled water CRAC units in an adjacent mechanical chase
- Ducting routed overhead with diffusers in each cold aisle
- Hot aisle containment added to improve energy efficiency in the lab
- CRAH units served from a new 300-ton chiller plant
- Lab has provisions for the future addition of a diesel generator