- Meyer Memorial Trust
- Alexandria Real Estate Headquarters
- 38 Davis
- Oregon State Treasury
- Clifford L. Allenby Building
- First Tech Credit Union Headquarters
- Hyundai Motors North American Headquarters
- DGS Natural Resources HQ, P Street
- Jones Lang LaSalle HQ - Shanghai
- Gensler San Diego Studio
- Arch|Nexus SAC
- Edith Green-Wendell Wyatt Federal Building
- Daimler Nova North America Headquarters
- Amazon HQ - Vulcan Blocks 44, 45, 52e
- Johnson Controls - Shanghai
- Experience Music Project Launch Pad
- Nike World Headquarters
- Confidential Corporate Campus Renovation
- Vestas Americas HQ
- Mercy Corps
- Nike Shanghai
Alexandria Real Estate Headquarters
Glumac provided mechanical, electrical, plumbing, technology design, and energy services for this new Class-A, 5-story headquarter building featuring 82,000 square feet of offices, and retail space totaling 68,930 square feet. A total of 275 parking spaces are underground and on the ground floor. The design is considered “hyper contemporary”, meaning possessing the latest or most modern innovative technology, materials, features, etc.
Glumac’s mechanical scope involved installation of dedicated outdoor air units, variable refrigerant flow condensing units, and exhaust fans to supply the client with a comfortable working environment. The space also includes a tenant lab area with fume hoods and a commercial grade kitchen. The building employs controls to measure the air quality throughout the space. Glumac utilized CFD modeling for the design of the below grade parking garage.
Glumac utilized high efficiency water heaters and a recirculation system throughout the structure, which minimizes wait times for hot water. Glumac also connected an advanced Launch Lab with support systems such as vacuum, CO2, and RO/DI water.
All plumbing fixtures meet or exceed Calgreen standards, and all drinking water resources will meet WELL Standards.
Glumac’s technology scope includes security, audiovisual infrastructure design, as well as providing a performance specification to comply with the 800 MHz Public Safety DAS (Emergency First Responders Fire Life Safety) requirements for code compliance.
Our technology design services include:
- Building Security system and Access Control
- Audio Visual (AV) Systems for lobby and conference rooms and amenity spaces
- CATV Systems
- Pathways for IP systems including cable trays, conduits and ancillary supports
- Coordination for PoE lighting and telecommunications spaces
- IT management and peer review
- Distributed Antenna System for Emergency Responder Radio Coverage
- Glumac performed energy modeling to establish an EUI goal and identify various strategies to get the project to closely approach net zero energy. This included a decoupled HVAC/ventilation design and an optimized glazing shading strategy utilizing terrecotta shading devices. We worked with the Pasadena utility company to procure incentives for the project’s efficiency over state energy code.
- Targeting LEED Platinum
Size: 82,000 square feet
Date Completed: Fall 2019
Owner: Alexandria Real Estate
Services: Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Technology Integration, Energy Modeling