Seattle Office: BIM Technician (Revit)
Purpose of position:
BIM staff members support designers and engineers on modeling the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Technical (MEPT) systems.
- Works from sketches and/or verbal directions using mark-ups from the engineering staff.
- Enters data into the BIM system using corporate standard symbology, layering, etc.
- Back-checks all work for accuracy prior to returning plots (if requested) to engineering staff.
- Maintains BIM files using established file saving procedures.
- Inserts and modifies client backgrounds to local office standards for use by engineers.
- Develops MEP sets of design drawings based on standards and/or architect’s layout.
- Responsible for the compatibility of all discipline’s BIM drawings for consistency of graphics, sheet layouts, scales, sheet numbers, title blocks, etc. to assure that the drawing set produced looks consistent office to office across Glumac.
- Works with the Project Engineer/Manager to establish and maintain consistent graphic standards on individual assigned projects. This includes the interdisciplinary consistency between mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, electrical, telecommunications, etc.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Relationship to others:
- Supports designers and engineers and various project team members.
- Reports to the supervisor for non-project related items.
- Client communications is limited; performed under direction of the Project Engineer/Manager.
Knowledge and experience:
- Trained in BIM.
- Experience with the latest version of AutoCAD and Revit
- 2 years plus of experience depending on level of need and project complexity.
- Ability to work with different personalities and with varying levels of professional experience.
- Written and verbal communication skills required.
- Multi-task skills required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Excellent time management and project prioritization.
- Software Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Blue Beam and File Transfer (FTP Site).
This is a great place to work.
To Be Considered For A Position With Glumac Please Download this Job Application Form and EEO Tracking Sheet
Fill them out and send them along with your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1325 Fourth Ave., Suite 1515
Seattle, WA 98101-2509
900 SW Fifth Ave., Suite 1600
Portland, OR 97204
150 California St., 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111-4525
910 Glenn Dr.
Folsom, CA 95630-2527
18200 Von Karman Ave., Suite 100
Irvine, CA 92612
617 W. 7th St., 5th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017-3830
Jing'An China Tower, Ste 303
1701 Beijing West Rd.
Shanghai 200040 China
T: (86) 21-62881010
F: (86) 21-62881050
2900 Lakeside Drive, Suite 100
Santa Clara, CA 95054
3960 Howard Hughes Pkwy., #370
Las Vegas, NV 89169
1555 NW Monroe Ave.
Corvallis, OR 97330
1-888-GLUMAC-1 (1-888-458-6221) © 2010 Glumac. All rights reserved. Site design by WOW Branding.